Certum Standard Code Signing
Certum Standard Code Signing certificate is proof for your customers or those trying to install your software that a genuine party has developed the application. It is helpful since so many people would duplicate or modify the code of an application or software.
When you perform code signing for your application, you nullify the possibility of your audience being distracted by some fake application or your application but with a modified code. In addition, it is an affordable solution for maintaining your software’s integrity.
Buying Code Certificate
Choosing the best certificate to secure your software is paramount. Code Signing Certificates are vital in protecting your applications and establishing trust between end-users and your software. Certum, a renowned cybersecurity name, offers robust code-signing solutions. We understand that selecting the right certificate is a critical decision, and we want you to feel confident that you've made the correct choice. Whether you're acquiring a new code signing certificate or upgrading an existing one, we provide the necessary tools and expertise to ensure a seamless process. Should you have any questions or concerns regarding our services, feel free to contact us directly.
Validation Process (OV)
Organization Validation is the Certificate that proves not only Domain Ownership but also Organization and Authorization for the person looking to obtain a certificate on behalf of the Organization. Here are a few points to be aware of regarding Organization Validation:
- You must verify that you own or control the domain.
- Your organization must register with the local government to complete verification.
- The Organization must employ the person seeking a certificate.
To know more details regarding the Organization Validation process, check our Knowledgebase.
Great, You have completed the validation process, and now you can download the certificate from our website. The certificate has been emailed to you at the email address specified.
Process for SSL Installation:
The process for SSL installation consists of downloading the certificate from the Certificate Authority, copying the certificate files onto the server, and configuring the server to use the certificate. You can learn more about SSL Installation from our Knowledgebase.
Sign Your Software Code
Remove Unknown Publisher
Stamp Software Integrity
Improved Customer Confidence
Protect Software Integrity
Asserts that there has been no alteration to the Software
Increased Downloads and Installation rates
Supported on Windows, Java and Mac
Verify Identity as a Genuine Developing Company
Increased Sales and Conversion
Time Stamping on Software
Best For Open Source
- Security & Encryption: 32-bit or 64-bit executable software signing using Public key
- App & Software Support: Unlimited App or software codes signed using one certificate
- Supported Platforms: Windows 8, .exe, .docm, .pptm, .xpi, .jar, war, .ear, .dll, .ocx, .cab, .msi, .sys files, .cat, .msp, .xpi, .ocx, etc. and is supported by platforms: Microsoft, Office, Firefox, Adobe, Java, etc.
- Site Seal: No Site Seal Required
- Warranty: There’s no warranty by Certum for Code Signing Certificates.
- Refund: 30-day Guaranteed Refund
- Supports All Major Platforms: UNIX/Linux software, Adobe AIR, Firefox extensions, Java applets, Internet applications based on JAVA technology, ActiveX components and controls, Binary files (.exe .msi), Windows operating system libraries, Software drivers are supported by Certum Standard Code Signing.
- Secure SHA 2 Function: Certum uses SHA 2 function, the latest code signing standard worldwide.
- Sign Your Application: Sign up your software, and you are good to go with filling the trust of your customers or users.
- Length of Cryptographic Keys: Certum provides RSA and DSA 3072-bit data.
The operating systems and browsers show your software as one that has come from an unknown publisher, and the customers see it as a warning. However, upon signing your code, the OS and browsers don't show such a warning, and you gain the users' trust.
Signing your software code with Certum Code Signing Certificate motivates the users to download your software since. In addition, the signed software assures the customers that it has not been altered or tampered with.
Certum provides you with this certificate that complies with the organizations' standards for public key certificates. With such a standard met, the certificate is ideal for your software since all the browsers and operating systems follow the standards and allow software that complies with set standards like X.509 v.3 (RFC5280).
When you sign your software, it makes the customers or users feel confident to download your software. Once through that, they feel comfortable buying your in-app purchases when they don't receive that "unknown publisher" warning upon installing the software.