Certum Open Source Code Signing
Certum Open Source Code Signing certificate is proof for your customers or those trying to install your software that a genuine developer has built the software. If you are working under the Open Source licenses.
This code-signing certificate is affordable and does the duty of fulfilling the need to meet the requirements set by the regulatory bodies. In addition, you can maintain the software integrity and make your application safer for the users to download and install.
Buying SSL Certificate
Choose the Best Certificate that would help you to secure your website. SSL Certificates would help protect your website and secure communication between client and server. Certum is one of the computer Brands when it comes to cyber security. We understand that choosing a certificate is an important decision, and we want you to be confident that you have made the right choice. Whether you are looking for a new certificate or upgrading an existing one, we have the tools to help you get the job done right. If there are any questions or concerns about our services, don't hesitate to contact us directly so we can address them head-on!
Procurement of SSL Certificate
SSL Procurement Process includes steps such as Choosing the SSL Certificate, Generating CSR and Private Key on the Server, and Submitting the Certificate Signing Request (CSR) to Certificate Authority (CA).
CSR Generation Steps:
The steps involve generating the CSR, Private Key, and submitting the CSR to the Certificate Authority (CA) for further processing. Various Server has different CSR Generation process. You can learn more about at the following links:
Validation Process (OV)
Organization Validation is the Certificate that proves not only Domain Ownership but also Organization and Authorization for the person looking to obtain a certificate on behalf of the Organization. Here are a few points to be aware of regarding Organization Validation:
- You must verify that you own or control the domain.
- Your organization must register with the local government to complete verification.
- The Organization must employ the person seeking a certificate.
To know more details regarding the Organization Validation process, check our Knowledgebase.
Great, You have completed the validation process, and now you can download the certificate from our website. The certificate has been emailed to you at the email address specified.
Process for SSL Installation:
The process for SSL installation consists of downloading the certificate from the Certificate Authority, copying the certificate files onto the server, and configuring the server to use the certificate. You can learn more about SSL Installation from our Knowledgebase.
Sign Your Software Code
Remove Unknown Publisher
Stamp Software Integrity
Improved Customer Confidence
Protect Software Integrity
Asserts that there has been no alteration to the Software
Increased Downloads and Installation rates
Supported on Windows, Java and Mac
Verify Identity as a Genuine Open Source Developer
Increased Sales and Conversion
RSA/DSA 3072-bit Cryptographic Keys
Best For Open Source
- Security & Encryption: 32-bit or 64-bit executable software signing using Public key
- App & Software Support: Unlimited App or software codes signed using one certificate
- Supported Platforms: Windows 8, .exe, .docm, .pptm, .xpi, .jar, war, .ear, .dll, .ocx, .cab, .msi, .sys files, .cat, .msp, .xpi, .ocx, etc. and is supported by platforms: Microsoft, Office, Firefox, Adobe, Java, etc.
- Refund: 30-day Guaranteed Refund
- Supports All Major Platforms: UNIX/Linux software, Adobe AIR, Extensions for Firefox and Netscape, Java applets, Internet applications based on JAVA technology, ActiveX components and controls, Binary files (.exe)
- Secure SHA 2 Function: Certum uses SHA 2 function, the latest code signing standard worldwide.
- Sign Your Application: Sign up your software, and you are good to go with filling the trust of your customers or users.
- Length of Cryptographic Keys: Certum provides RSA and DSA 3072-bit data.
As an independent or open source developer, you would need to get rid of the unknown publisher warning since it fills trust and confidence in the users. Certum Open Source Code Signing helps you with the same.
Signing your software code with Certum Open Source Code Signing Certificate motivates the users to download your software since. In addition, the signed software assures the customers that it has not been altered or tampered with.
Certum Open Source Code Signing certificate complies with the regulatory standards for public key certificates. With such a standard met, the certificate is ideal for your open-source license software since all the browsers and operating systems follow the standards and allow software that complies with set standards like X.509 v.3 (RFC5280).
Code-signed software by open source licenses makes the customers or users feel confident downloading your software. This way, the users can trust the software the Open Source licenses provide and feel confident in making in-app purchases, if any.