Comodo EV Code Signing Certificate
Comodo EV Code Signing is an Extended Validation certificate that has all the benefits of an Organization Validation (OV) Code Signing certificate and adds a feature that helps with instantaneous recognition from Microsoft SmartScreen Filter. In addition, it contains the address, other company details, and an embedded digital signature that helps increase sales and conversions.
EV Code Signing certificate instantly removes the warning messages for the users during the download and installation phases. You can sign 32 and 64-bit software, executable programs, and device drivers to maintain trust within software users. The private key is stored separately for two-factor authentication to ensure who codes signs software and who shouldn’t.
Extended Validation (EV)
Limitless Application Signing
Increased Sales and Conversion
Two Factor Authentication
Extended Validation (EV)
Increased Software Integrity
Improved Customer Confidence
Unlimited Application Signing
Remove Warning before Download and Install
Compatible with Mozilla, Java, Microsoft, Adobe AIR and others
Microsoft SmartScreen Filter
Displays Verified Publisher Name
Removal of Unknown Publisher Warnings
- Validation Type: Extended Validation
- Issuance Period: 1-5 Days
- SmartScreen Reputation: Automatic
- Visual Cues for Users: Displays Publisher’s Name
- Two-Factor Authentication: Available with Physical USB Token Storage
- Compatible Platforms: Microsoft, Apple, Mozilla, Java, Adobe AIR and others
- Application Signing: On Unlimited Application
- Extended Validation Process: Extended Validation provides tons of trust to the users. Yet, it is simple for businesses with up-to-date registration records.
- 32 and 64-bit Digital Signing: Comodo Code Signing Certificate provides code signing for .exe, .ocx, .dll, .cab and kernel mode software.
- List Unlimited Apps: You can sign as many applications as possible once you get your Comodo EV Code Signing process.
- Time Stamping on Software: Even upon the certificate expiration, the time stamp tells your viewers that you have signed the code.
Comodo EV Code Signing Certificate supports every major 32-bit and 64-bit formatted code signing. Apple applications and plug-ins support it, Microsoft Authenticode (.exe, .xap, .xpi., .ocx, .msi, .dll, and .cab), Microsoft Kernel Software, Adobe AIR, Java, MS Office Macro and VBA, Mozilla Object Files and Microsoft Silverlight applications. The private key is stored on an external hardware device for security enhancement.
Once you have completed the Extended Validation (EV) process, you can start using the Comodo EV Code Signing certificate to sign as many applications as you please under your company’s banner since it will show your name and details in publisher details when you sign code for an application using your certificate.
When your users download and install your application that is signed using a Comodo EV Code Signing certificate, they get an idea that the application has directly come from the publisher and hasn’t been tampered with. This way, you can assert your integrity towards the users.
When you sign a software, a digital ID is created in your company’s name. So the customers know that you are a genuine provider and the software they are downloading is genuine. Not only that, but they can also contact you if any concern comes up.