Apache: Generate CSR (Certificate Signing Request)
NOTE: Replace your domain with the domain name that you're trying to secure. For instance, if the website's name was coolwebsite.com, you could enter "cool website".key as well as your domain name would be cool website. CSR.
Please enter the information you require:
- Common Name It is the fully-qualified name of your domain, or URL you're protecting. If you're requesting for a Wildcard certificate, include the letter (*) to the left of the standard name you wish to use for the wildcard to appear, such as*.coolwebsite.com.
- Organisation: The legally-registered name for your company. If you're enrolling for yourself, you must enter the name of the person who requested the certificate.
- Organisational Unit When applicable input your DBA (doing business under) name. It is not required to mention an organizational unit while generating CSR.
- Location or City The name of the town in which your company is registered or is located. Don't abbreviate.
- State, Province or The name of the province or state in which your business is situated. Don't abbreviate.
- Country: Two-letter International Organization for Standardization (ISO) format ⦁ Codes for countries in the country where your business is registered legally.
Notice: If you do not wish to create an account password to use this SSL you may simply leave the Passphrase field empty. However, you should be aware that there could be other risks.
- Start the CSR in an editor for text and copy the entire text.
- Copy and paste the entire CSR to the SSL registration form that you have in your account.